Greetings!

Hello family & friends! I decided to start this blog to be able to share some of my recipes, tips & different activities. Please keep in mind that this is a work in progress, and although I don't have children, I have a fulltime job & a fiance! Anyways, I sure hope you all find this site useful. Thanks for stopping by!
Below are my latest posts:

Friday, July 20, 2012

Spaghetti Bake


Here is a recipe for a delicious casserole, kind of like a baked cheesy spaghetti dish.... with that, you can't go wrong! Another plus is that this dish can be made ahead or even frozen!


Spaghetti Bake

Ingredients
1 lb angel hair pasta (measured uncooked)
2 reg size jars of spaghetti sauce (quart size I believe)
5 cups of shredded Cheese ( I used a little of Monterrey jack, Cheddar & mozzarella)
1 sweet sauteed vidalia onion (chopped)
2 green sauteed bell peppers (chopped)
2 lbs browned ground beef (I used 1 lb ground beef, 1 lb sausage)
2 TBSP fennel seeds (this adds such GREAT flavor)
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup (plus 1/4 cup water)


Instructions
Preheat oven to 365 degrees.

Brown your ground beef (& sausage), onions & bell peppers. Drain. Add your jars of spaghetti sauce and fennel seed.
Cook angel hair pasta according to package. Drain.
Butter a 9x13 casserole dish. Layer half your pasta, then half your meat sauce mixture, and half of your shredded cheese. Repeat.
Combine 1/4 cup water & cream of mushroom soup. Top casserole with this, spoon and then try to smear evenly. (This part sounds gross, but u won't even know its there after u bake it, it just moistens the dish & makes the top layer of cheese creamier)
Bake uncovered 40 min. Let cool for 5-10 minutes & serve!
(If frozen or refrigerated: Thaw completely and get to room temperature before baking.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add any questions or comments & I will try to reply as soon as I can. Thanks!